Post a hectic day at work, all you need is a good shower and relaxing time in front of your TV unit watching your favourite broadcast channel. But at times due to petty problems arising with the TV or the antenna you do not get to watch your favourite programs. The real arises when you are unable to watch TV due to some problem with the TV antenna. Hence it becomes equally important to notice any changes occurring in your antenna so that it can be repaired before it starts leading to major problems.
Let us have a look at some of the signs which you TV antenna would be signaling you stating that it is time for a quick repair.
- Worn out cable fittings: It is importantly on a timely basis to keep a check on the cable fittings. The fittings can get worn out, become loose or corrosive over a period of time. Also keep a watch if the cable fitting has been compromised. In case any such thing crops up then it is time to replace the cable at the earliest.
- Antenna which is bent or broken: A bad weather such as thunderstorm can lead to broken or bent antenna. It is very much obvious that the effects of a bad weather can ultimately lead to a disastrous failure of any gadget. Hence it is important to check your outdoor antennas post any such bad weather. If you find it to be bent or broken, then it is time for a professional help. In certain cases, you may need to get the entire device replaced.
- Type and age of antenna: There are no such devices or equipment’s that can stay the same lifelong. Hence if you have an old antenna which his analogue style then it would not be able to pick up the digital signals properly. In such cases it would be a good idea to get an upgraded new version antenna so that you have a reliable connection.
- Placement issue of the antenna: There are times when you are not able to receive the channels or when it suddenly shows up as No Signal. In such cases it would be a good idea to get examine the TV antenna and get its placement updated. If the issue still persists then it would be better to check any loose cable or connection issues. If still the issue persists then probably something is not right with the antenna and you would need to call a professional help or get the antenna replaced.
- Amplifier fault: For those who have a TV antenna along with an in-built amplifier but still facing issues with strong signal. Then try to get the receiving power of the antenna checked. Even after carrying out troubleshooting, the issue still persists then it is time to call a professional help.
Apart from these, there are certain subtle signs such as:
- When you switch on the TV instead of a channel popping up, it shows something as “Searching”.
- There is no signal when you are trying to tune into any channel.
- Certain channels that you used to receive are no longer available.
it is important to stay vigilant to watch out for any such signs when it comes to your TV antenna. Timely getting your antenna repaired would save you the cost and energy of getting a new antenna.